Saturday, September 24, 2011

54 Things I am grateful for - okay, only 26 that I can think of now....


I was inspired by http://networkedblogs.com/nw4dE, Nolwenn writes an amazing blog about gratitude every Friday. She wrote on 26 things she is grateful for since she turned 26. I figured since we share a birthday, I would write about 54 things I am grateful for (I turned 54!)
1. I am grateful that Igal got a new bed for Pooh. He is our big orange cat, and he has a habit of being very noisy when Igal is working or sleeping. I teach online classes and try to make my student videos when he is busy, but Pooh runs around like crazy, caterwauling, howling, squeaking, anything to get my attention. It has been driving me crazy and finally I suggested Igal buy him a cage so I can put him in the garage while I am taping videos. Well, yesterday he got a cage, then put a very soft cushion in there, and sprinkled catnip in it. Pooh has been in that cage nonstop since, by his own choice. I think he likes that it is on the couch where he can look out over everything happening in the room. He reluctantly comes out to be fed, then runs back into the cage. He has been so quiet ever since. I was able to make videos last night and this morning.
2. I am grateful for my amazing husband
3. I am grateful for my friend, Nolwenn
4. I am grateful for my online teaching job - I love teaching!
5. I am grateful for my part time job at Monarch selling beautiful gifts
6. I am grateful for good health
7. I am grateful for a beautiful place to live.
8. I am grateful for wonderful friends
9. I am grateful that the economy is failing. This is because it means the ending of the old (greed-based) way of doing business and the beginning of the new ethical way of doing business that is sprouting up.
10. I am grateful for the beautiful fog this morning.
11. I am grateful for chocolate.
12. I am grateful for coffee
13. I am grateful for beets
14. I am grateful for Reiki - which helps me manage pain
15. I am grateful for my computer - it's still working...
16. I am grateful for my camera - takes nice pictures
17. I am grateful my car is still running
18. I am grateful that the Dean likes the way I teach
19. I am grateful that my students are doing well
20. I am grateful for the beautiful colors in the world
21. I am grateful for my mom
22. I am grateful for all the things I have learned from my sister.
23. I am grateful for the lesson of grace
24. I am grateful for my dissertation project
26. I am grateful for my life coach.
Okay, I think 26 is enough for today.... I am more grateful and will think of more things while I am at work.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment